top of page
We're developing and building out exciting Library volunteer-led activities for all ages and diverse interests, both on-site, locally, and online; come be a part of the fun, meet old friends, make new connections, and join us going forward!
- Sun 21 May21SunMay'Advocacy in the Age of Nonsense'/Edyth Geiger English LibraryMay 21, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMEdyth Geiger English Library, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelRyan Bellerose is a visiting Metis indigenous rights activist from Northern Alberta in Canada, and is a staunch proponent of Israel advocacy and Jewish Indigenous Rights. A suggested donation of NIS 20 is kindly requested to defray expenses.
- Wed 17 May17WedMayPoetry Open Mic/Tzfat English Library
- Sun 14 May14SunMayPoetry Workshop/Tzfat English Library
- Sun 14 May14SunMayNourishing Your Skin Workshop/Tzfat English Library
- Sun 07 May07SunMayGarden Club Field Trip/Ginosar
- Tue 02 May02TueMayTuesday Storytime/Safed
- Tue 18 Apr18TueAprYom HaShoah: the Kindertransport/Edyth Geiger Memorial LibraryApr 18, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMEdyth Geiger Memorial Library, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelTo commemorate Yom Hashoa the Library will host a short play reading and discussion, screen several short films including an interview with a Kindertransport survivor and the connection with Paddington Bear! This event is full! Please come, but be aware that you may sit on the stairs or stand.
- DetailsMultiple Dates
- Mar 28, 4:00 PM – 4:30 PMEdyth Geiger Memorial Library, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelThis Tues - 16:00 to 16:30 at the Tzfat English Library at 38 Jerusalem St.: beyond cleaning and errands - help ready your kids for Pesach! Our own Allison Ofanansky will read from her children's books: How It's Made: Matzah," and, "Sweet Meeting on Mimouna Night."
- Tue 21 Mar21TueMarBrain Training!/Edyth Geiger English Library
- Sun 19 Mar19SunMarGarden Club Meeting/SafedMar 19, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMSafed, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelThe English Library Garden Club will meet on Sunday, March 19, at 10 AM inside the library: Plant, seed and book give-aways Dvar Torah - The spice plants of the Kohanim Presentation - Five common plants for foraging Plants and planters in front of the library Tzfat trek. Field trip to Biriya
- Tue 28 Feb28TueFebOpen-mic Poetry Night II/Edyth Geiger English LibraryFeb 28, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMEdyth Geiger English Library, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelSo successful the 1st time, and thanks to popular demand - we're doing it again! Call out to all poets, writers, storytellers, spoken word artists, as well as lovers of words and poetry; come share on-mic! It's a warm, intimate space to speak poems, words, stories, !and anything you need to share.
- Wed 08 Feb08WedFebMeditation: 'Kol Kabbalah'/SafedDetailsMultiple Dates
- Sun 29 Jan29SunJanGarden Club Meeting/Edyth Geiger Memorial LibraryJan 29, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMEdyth Geiger Memorial Library, Jerusalem St 38, Tzfat, IsraelThe next meeting of The English Library Garden Club will be Sunday, January 29th at 10:00 inside the library. More details to follow. Make sure to RSVP your attendance! For more information contact Gershon Broder via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tue 24 Jan24TueJanStorytime/Safed
- Sun 22 Jan22SunJanMulti-purpose Room Festive Dedication!/SafedJan 22, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PMSafed, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelPlease join us for the dedication of the library's new multi-purpose (aka: "Room No. 2") in memory of Susan Spielberg (z"l/obm). Program: dedication, followed by a light dairy meal. Due to space limitations, we recommend attendees RSVP via the link - Thanks!
- Mon 16 Jan16MonJanOpen Mic/Poetry Slam!/Edyth Geiger Memorial LibraryJan 16, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMEdyth Geiger Memorial Library, Jerusalem St 38, Safed, IsraelCall out to all poets, writers, storytellers, spoken word artists, as well as lovers of words and poetry; come share on-mic! It's a warm, intimate space to speak poems, words, stories, !and anything you need to share with an audience. Drinks and nibbles for purchase. Space is limited, so RSVP.
bottom of page